I managed to fix my controller issue by completely purging XBoxdrv from my system and reverting back to the default XPad drivers. Doing so also fixed the minor button configuration issues with my XBox 360 controller.
I could not just open files on Android. It seem to only want to open the files that are indexed in the manifest. loadGraphic works fine on Android.. but no matter what I've tried I could not get something like: sys.io.File.getContent(/* some_path */); to work on Android. Yet it worked fine on Windows (Neko & CPP). Yet this works on all platforms: openfl.Assets.getText(/* same_path */); ( Except on Neko cli :)
I did notice in the documentation that getText(id:String):String refers to the input string as ID and not as PATH. So it is most likely doing other stuff then just opening a file and outputting it.
Quote: "I believe the .apk file is not actually unpacked, so you couldn't read from the assets directory, for instance."
This would explain alot. But the assets do get copied to the android template. Are they then also embedded.? That would explain why the higher API calls work and the low-level file system ones don't.
Embedding seems like a good idea. Atleast for the Graphics. (can it embed audio?). The only thing I might not like about embedding is that if it all gets in the same binary, it might get bit. Especially if you have lots of audio. The biggest disadvantage of that is that if you start your game/app then the initial loading time can be a pain.
But perhaps there is some nifty way of loading the game. I'm just on HaxeFlixel for 3 weeks now, so there's still lots to figure out.
Quote: "What exactly are you're trying to achieve?"
Inshort, I just don't want everybody to be able to just manipulate the look and feel of the game. Thats all. Embedding is already a viable option.!
For now I will read up on embedding for HaxeFlixel. For now I don't want to be too busy with this. Better wait until the game is more mature. Writing my own asset facility will probably make me break decency with everything that's not support #if sys ...
Thanks again for helping me out!
For now I will let this rest a bit.
It may just be that the .hxml file VSCode for completion has not been updated yet with flixel-addons being included (because you've been compiling to other targets). By default, the .hxml file in the Flash export folder is used.
You may need to select Neko in your display configurations (or compile for Flash, if that one is selected).
Challenge Battles have been implemented! Find a Challenge Gate, enter it and fight a battle with special conditions to earn special prizes that will be useful for your journey! Losing a challenge does not result in a game over, and can be instantly retried if failed.
There are locked doors and the key system that was in the game as a mission objective has now been changed to act like normal keys! Keys only exist within a mission, and don't take any inventory space.
Lastly, new animation for obtaining a Persephone power.
Ok, had a little more of a play and merged in some of the changes into the iPhone template of Lime to try hardcoding the dev team settings and so on but am getting an unknown error further on in the deployment. Obviously the real fix is support for newer versions of Lime for HaxeFlixel where Xcode 8 support is implemented. Looks like this is coming on.....
I suggest you to take a look at FlxG.overlap and FlxG.collide.
You can group your sprites in FlxGroup if you have many (e.g. bullets, enemies) and then decide which group or sprites collide with the others. If you also create a method for the collision you could have a flag to activate or deactivate the collisions depending on your game logic.
I recommend reading the book "discover haxeflixel", it is like a tutorial but explains everything very good with examples.
@Gama11 :: Thanks for your reply! Using the approach from your link solved the tear-off problems hence not needing useScaleHack anymore. Now the graphics on both the tiles and the FlxSprites are the same and with that my problem is solved!
* As a quick reference. This is what i'm using now to make the tilemap:
var _tmap:FlxTilemap = new FlxTilemap();
var tile_w:Int = 100;
var tile_h:Int = 100;
var g = FlxTileFrames.fromBitmapAddSpacesAndBorders(AssetPaths.mytilemap__png, new FlxPoint(tile_w, tile_h), new FlxPoint(0,0), new FlxPoint(2,2));
_tmap.loadMapFromArray(/* array */, /* array_width */, /* array_height */, g, tile_w, tile_h);
_tmap.useScaleHack = false;