How to downgrade haxe to 4.1.5 on linux?

• I am having the same issue as here http://forum.haxeflixel.com/topic/1191/haxeflixel-base-template-build-fails-and-generates-a-variety-of-errors.
    And i can't find a way to install haxe 4.1.5 instead of 4.2.0 on linux.

• Oh really! That's a bummer. If you're okay with Nodejs and npm I'd highly recommend installing Haxe with Lix.

With Lix it's just a case of changing the config file to change the version of Haxe.

I haven't tried installing Haxe on Linux but don't the Linux-64 bit binaries from the Haxe download page work?

• So it's actually easy to downgrade to 4.1.5.

In order to download haxe you need to run several commands, one of which is
    sudo apt-get install haxe -y

And for downgrading you just need to type a version after "haxe" like that
    sudo apt-get install haxe 4.1.5 -y

BUT after installing additional libraries (haxelib run lime setup flixel) there is this error:
    Error: Could not find haxelib "lime", does it need to be installed?

You can fix by downgrading lime, but when you install flixel-tools it's another error.

Should i just wait until flixel supports haxe 4.2.0 or there is a chance to fix it?

• Yeah, I think eventually Flixel will have to work with Haxe 4.2.0 but I don't know how long that will take so it depends on how urgent your project is.

• I actually went with downloading the build manually from the Haxe site and made a symlink to it in my ~/bin folder. Then I set a user environmental variable in my .bashrc file so I don't have to supply HAXE_STD_PATH every time I run it or use VS Code.
    The line I added to my .bashrc is :

export HAXE_STD_PATH=~/Haxe/haxe_20201231082044_5e33a78aa/std

Replace the path to wherever you keep your haxe binary.

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.