Going though the Tutorial and Stuck at Part 8

• Everything should be entered correctly and there's no error shown in the code except I'm told the cache can't be built. Nothing happens when I retry and when I click on "Show Error" I get this which I can't find anything on or understand at all.

Failed - try fixing the error(s) and restarting the language server:

C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,8,0/src/lime/tools/ConfigData.hx:212: characters 7-10 : Type not found : Log
    C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,8,0/src/lime/tools/ConfigData.hx:30: characters 10-21 : Type not found : ObjectTools
    C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,8,0/src/lime/tools/ConfigData.hx:262: characters 58-69 : Type not found : ObjectTools
    C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,8,0/src/lime/tools/ConfigData.hx:530: characters 52-63 : Type not found : ObjectTools
    C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,8,0/src/lime/tools/ConfigData.hx:358: characters 58-69 : Type not found : ObjectTools
    C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,8,0/src/lime/tools/ConfigData.hx:423: characters 76-87 : Type not found : ObjectTools
    C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,8,0/src/lime/tools/ConfigData.hx:423: characters 75-122 : Void should be Dynamic
    C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,8,0/src/lime/tools/ConfigData.hx:423: characters 75-122 : For function argument 'value'
    C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,8,0/src/lime/tools/ConfigData.hx:459: characters 87-98 : Type not found : ObjectTools
    C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,8,0/src/lime/tools/ConfigData.hx:459: characters 86-139 : Void should be Dynamic
    C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,8,0/src/lime/tools/ConfigData.hx:459: characters 86-139 : For function argument 'value'

If anyone has a fix for this I would greatly appreciate it, thank you!

• What version of Haxe do you have installed? Is it 4.2.0 or lower? Flixel currently has issues with 4.2.0 so maybe you'll have to downgrade.

• I'm currently in version 4.1.5 Haxe.

The only other thing I remember going wrong is in the code below for placing the entities.

function placeEntities(entity:EntityData)
    {
    if (entity.name == "player")
    {
    player.setPosition(entity.x, entity.y);
    }
    else if (entity.name == "coin")
    {
    coins.add(new Coin(entity.x + 4, entity.y + 4));
    }
    }

In the line "coins.add(new Coin(entity.x + 4, entity.y + 4));" I had accidentally auto-completed Coin into ConfigData and ran the program before I noticed. I figured I'd mention this since all of the problems seem to come from ConfigData.hx.

• Nevermind, there was an import to lime.tools.ConfigData left over from when I accidentally entered ConfigData and getting rid of that import seems to have fixed it.

• Nice, glad you were able to fix that issue.

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.