Developing for Android

• I'm a newbie that's playing around with HaxeFlixel and Android. I was able to compile Flappybalt to android and install it on my phone, but the app just crashes on startup. I have the latest HAXEFlixel packages installed

actuate: [1.8.6]
    box2d: [1.2.3]
    flixel-addons: [2.0.0]
    flixel-demos: [2.1.0]
    flixel-templates: [2.0.1]
    flixel-tools: [1.1.3]
    flixel-ui: [2.0.0]
    flixel: [4.0.1]
    hxcpp: [3.3.49]
    layout: [1.2.1]
    lime-samples: [2.6.0]
    lime: [2.9.1]
    nme: [5.6.4]
    openfl-samples: [3.3.1]
    openfl: [3.6.1]
    swf: [2.2.0]

My android phone is currently running version 6.0

Do you guys know any details or tricks when using the Android targets?

• Try compiling to neko, see if that crashes as well. It's much easier to debug desktop targets than it is mobile, and is really helpful when it's not a platform-specific issue.

• Thanks, will try that!

• Flappybalt compiled to Neko and Flash works flawlessly.. the problem is really Android targets

• Not for flixel 4 but this works for me.

addons 1.1.0
    tools 1.1.0
    flixel 3.3.10
    haxelib 3.2.0
    hxcpp 3.2.102
    lime 2.4.7
    nme 5.4.2
    openfl 3.1.1
    swf 2.0.1

• I had a problem with an Android app not working on v 6.0, but it worked on < 6.0 versions. It turned out to be the Android NDK version. Updating the NDK from r8b to r9d fixed the problem for me. openfl setup android installs r8b, so you need to manually install r9d.

Get Android NDK r9d here

After you extract it, you need to set the path. Run openfl setup android but answer n (4 times) when asked if you want to install. When asked Path to Android NDK, enter the path to where you extracted it. Accept the already specified paths for the others (SDK, Ant and java).

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.