How to Change Fonts?

• I am obviously very new to HaxeFlixel, and this may seem like a dumb question, but here goes:

How can I format my FlxTexts to be displayed in another font than the default one?

What I got from the API documention is that one method to change the font is setFormat(). Unfortunately, I just could not get it to work. What is the proper Syntax for this function? And how would I go about using a custom font?

Any Hints are appreciated.

• You need to have your custom font somewhere in the assets folder.
    Then you simply use:
    text = new FlxText(100, 100);
    text.setFormat(AssetPaths.Verdana__ttf);
    or
    text.setFormat("assets/fonts/Verdana.ttf");
    if you want to retrieve it manually from where you put it.

• Thanks a lot. Is there a set of supported fonts by default or do I need to add all fonts into the assets folder manually?

• There are only two default fonts: FlxAssets.FONT_DEBUGGER and FlxAssets.FONT_DEFAULT.
    You need to add the fonts you want to use yourself.

• This answers all my questions. Thanks again.

• administrators

You can actually also use system fonts:

• Cool, didn't know that :)
    But I prefer my fonts to be with my projects because I often edit them to gain space.

• How to use the systems default font to display diffrent text? If dont set text.setFormat(), flixel will use the Flx assets font.

• @meishijie One possibility is to create a factory class that allows you to generate FlxText objects with the correct font.

• administrators

@meishijie One possibility is to create a factory class that allows you to generate FlxText objects with the correct font.

You can also change the value of FlxAssets.FONT_DEFAULT.