Crooked Text

• So I want to make text crooked via making each character in a FlxText object have a slightly adjusted angle (and maybe y position) Anyone know how I could go about doing this without editing the font I use?

• Here is dirty version which i made in about 20 minutes: Crooked Text

• administrators

@beeblerox Very nice! :)

In case anyone else is curious how that looks like:

• Thanks cool dudes

alt text

• Hm, I'm getting this error now that I'm actually trying to use it. My code is the exact same, only difference being the package is rowboat.effects (as I have this class under the folder source/rowboats/effects/)

source/rowboat/effects/CrookedText.hx:35: characters 32-64 : flash.text.TextField has no field getCharBoundaries

• @Carpetwurm said in Crooked Text:

source/rowboat/effects/CrookedText.hx:35: characters 32-64 : flash.text.TextField has no field getCharBoundaries

Okay, I figured out it's because I wasn't targeting flash. Is there any way of doing this without targeting flash? (I'm aiming for CPP/Neko)

• what versions of openfl and lime do use and on what target do you have this error?
    (i'm on openfl 3.6.1 using next, lime 2.9.1 and checked this code on flash, neko and cpp)
    Btw, i've fixed this class for flash target and updated gist (see the same link)

• Alright I figured out how to make it work on windows. If you want to see how I did it, check this out (I messed with it around lines 35-37)

http://hastebin.com/suhagovuwo.avrasm

• @teormech said in Crooked Text:

what versions of openfl and lime do use and on what target do you have this error?
    (i'm on openfl 3.6.1 using next, lime 2.9.1 and checked this code on flash, neko and cpp)
    Btw, i've fixed this class for flash target and updated gist (see the same link)

I'm on the same versions. I was only testing it on Neko.

• @Carpetwurm can't see any code (just empty page) for some reason

• @teormech Strange, here's a pastebin version then. http://pastebin.com/NXVXuHHy