[SOLVED] How to install VSCode + Haxe

• Hi! I am Arif want to learn about haxe language.. they said if it is new language and i heard if it is easy but i still dont understand about haxe, haxeflixel or openfl But i still want to learn this programing language because they say it is easy. The problem is i got hardly in installing Haxe / Haxeflixel in VSCode. I was trying to use Flashdevelop, Haxedevelop, and VSCode but all failed. BTW i dont studying IT but i can understand about IT because i am an IT Hobbyist also the language that i ever learn was only flash to make a game for school project and it was around 10 years ago when i am in highschool. when i am in college i ever learn C++ for Civil Engineering but lets just ignore it because i only learn for pass the exam and its only 5%.

back to my problem,
    I can say that all of the tutorial about haxe or haxeflixel are very confusing for now. for me the tutorial isn't easy or wasn's written neatly. looks like the tutorial are like a little outdated. a little is very affecting because i am a beginner.

Back there arround 3 weeks ago the first tutorial that i read was for Flashdevelop so i tried flashdevelop. but i was stuck because the tutorial seems not 100% work. i keep getting error when trying to debug the example game that i download from haxe.

because of i felt confuse i move to haxedevelop and my problem was same. so i move to VSCode because i think the IDE is not heavy and i can get it easily when i have my ubuntu laptop and mac book air.

so that my question is:
    can you please teach me how to installing haxeflixel in vscode? u dont need to rewrite it suddenly. giving me point by point i also will understand. and try to understand.

i just need that work on my VSCode so i can learn to program haxe language. i really need it because i want to make a lot of game for android and ios device. will you please help me? ??

thank you!

• Hi maybe this is helping you
    Visual Studio Code

And for a step by step installation for Haxeflixel +haxe + openfl I would try this http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/tutorial/

• hi. thank you for your fast response. i was using that tutorial also but i am failed again :(
    its like none of the tutorial work for me. :(

the problem that i got is like this:
    Failed 1

Sadly my debugger option only has HTML5. :(
    Failed 2

Failed 3

After that when i set to haxelib set lime 2.9.1 and set openfl 3.6.1 the debuger stuck in haxe logo
    Failed 4

is there another debugger that i can use inside vscode for game development made using haxeflixel? i am targeting for ios and android btw.

• Fast way is use FD on windows, other variants now not comfort. Only FD have comfort support haxeflixel templates etc. HD is little wrong direction and VScode its just editor, it means ... have not knowledge = can't use. Only FD now.
    Use FD portable version, its fully work on windows. other parts you can install inside FD plugin manager haxelib , lime etc as instruction. But you can install libraries use console, as you can see in manual (its crossplatform way).
    FD work only in windows now, and no plane other os.

• administrators

@Arif-P vshaxe needs Haxe 3.3.0-rc1 or higher - this may be why you're getting the "Haxe process was killed" messages. Do you have an older Haxe version like 3.2.1?

You can check your Haxe version with haxe -version.

You don't need the debugger for building / testing the game. There's a separate menu for that, see http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/visual-studio-code/ (the "Building your Project" section).

• This post is deleted!

• @Gama11 said in how to install VSCode + Haxe:

@Arif-P vshaxe needs Haxe 3.3.0-rc1 or higher - this may be why you're getting the "Haxe process was killed" messages. Do you have an older Haxe version like 3.2.1?

You can check your Haxe version with haxe -version.

You don't need the debugger for building / testing the game. There's a separate menu for that, see http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/visual-studio-code/ (the "Building your Project" section).

OMG!! Gama11 you are my angel!! its working. by updating to 3.3.0 only its all solved and thanks for telling about that debugger. at first i was not understand but after u say i dont need it and it has separate menu i begin to understand.

i was using haxe 3.3.0 but i dont know why its become 3.2.1. maybe its because i install again haxe 3.2.1 by nadako inside vscode marketplace (by using ctrl+shift+x) and i wasn't know if that different version ( the outdate 3.2.1) is the one that make me got that problem.

however its solved by upgrading haxe to 3.3.0
    once again thank you gama11 for helping me and thanks all who try to help me. :-)

• @lenivaya10001 said in how to install VSCode + Haxe:

Fast way is use FD on windows, other variants now not comfort. Only FD have comfort support haxeflixel templates etc. HD is little wrong direction and VScode its just editor, it means ... have not knowledge = can't use. Only FD now.
    Use FD portable version, its fully work on windows. other parts you can install inside FD plugin manager haxelib , lime etc as instruction. But you can install libraries use console, as you can see in manual (its crossplatform way).
    FD work only in windows now, and no plane other os.

yes i know that, fast way are using FD ( Flashdevelop ) or Haxedevelop. i was trying that two. but i got error as i already said above.

there is a reason that i am switching and force myself to learn haxe in VSCode. I want to buy a laptop and installing linux for hobbyist and i want to buy mac os laptop after i have money. To avoid using different IDE or compiler i want to mastering this haxe in VSCode. Because windows, mac, and linux has VSCode. So i dont need to learn again using different IDE because there is VSCode.