Tomb Explorer

• Hello everyone,

I finally finished Tomb Explorer, a game inspired by an old Amstrad CPC game called OhMummy. The main mechanic of the game is that you are leaving footprints as you walk, and if you surround a box/tomb with footprints it will open and reveal whatever is inside. Treasures, Useful Items, Enemies, Traps etc.

Imgur

The game has 2 modes, an Arcade mode where you play at arena-stages that increase in difficulty and an Adventure Mode where you must finish the 128 unique levels

alt textalt text
    alt textalt text

Included a free demo where you can play the Arcade Mode. I have put a lot of effort into this game, so if you want to support me, please consider getting the full version. Thanks :-)

You can find TOMB EXPLORER and more Info about the game over at itchio here : https://johndimi.itch.io/tombexplorer

Cheers,
    John

p.s. I am working on an online version of the Arcade Mode with online Leaderboards and stuff. Coming soon!

• NEW:

The Arcade Mode is now available to play over at newgrounds.
    If you are logged in you can save your score to the online leaderboards!

Check it out here:
    http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/684641

P.S. I think you'll like the starting intro :-)
    alt text

Cheers,
    John

• Yeah, the logo fits well!
    I don't think I get the condition of activating the green exit. Seems like just opening it with key is not suffice. Does one need to open all tombs first?

• @starry-abyss

Thanks.
    You need to have the golden skull to be able to exit the level!

I write it on the description there but I know that I should make it more obvious in the game itself somehow.

• Maybe just have two keys? But this sounds less epic though:-)

• This game looks like so much fun! I will try the demo tonight if I don't forget :P

• Wow, this is a real gem. Fun concept, thight game-play, solid execution. Very well done!

Author of Discover Haxeflixel | The #1 book to learn HaxeFlixel!
    @leongotgame

• I played your game on newgrounds.

It's so cool. I hope you have success with it.