I can't set up Haxe

• I can't set up Haxe on my Linux Mint MATE 32 bit operating system. It says "Failed to create directory 'usr/share/haxelib' (std@sys_create_dir), maybe you need appropriate user rights
    Check also that the parent directory exists" and stuff when I put in "haxelib setup" on the command line. Help!

• Stuff like? Can you copy paste the exact error message?

nothing

• @Alvalol
    He said he's using Linux lol.

• @MintPaw said in I can't set up Haxe:

@Alvalol
    He said he's using Linux lol.

LOLL I need to go back to school.

• Have you tried using Joshua Granick's install script?

Author of Discover Haxeflixel | The #1 book to learn HaxeFlixel!
    @leongotgame

• said in I can't set up Haxe:

parent control

This is most likely something set up with you Linux distro, some kind of permissions system you may have set up accidentally or boss/parent may have set up. If you post the full error message it can surely be fixed since haxe doesn't require root permission.

It's likely that you're trying to set up the lib directory in /lib, /opt, or /usr/share when you don't have permission. If you set it up in your home directory it should work fine, don't try sudo haxelib setup though, else you'll have future issues with the .haxelib file being created in /root rather that /home/username and will always have to compile with sudo.

• This post is deleted!

• @MintPaw "Failed to create directory 'usr/share/haxelib' (std@sys_create_dir), maybe you need appropriate user rights
    Check also that the parent directory exists".

• @MegaLeon I don't have Red Hat Linux, dummy!

• @CrimzicZ said in I can't set up Haxe:

@MegaLeon I don't have Red Hat Linux, dummy!

The script works for multiple versions of Linux. Debian and Arch at least.
    So with that error run "haxelib setup /home/<USERNAME>/haxelib"