How do I "launch" a FlxSprite from an angle, kind of like angry birds?

• I'm new to HaxeFlixel and surprisingly, despite having a barebones physics engine, it's pretty functional and simple.

However, I want to figure out how I would launch a FlxSprite from an angle, this would have many uses and I can assure you I'm not making an angry birds clone.. haha .

• Set acceleration.y to gravity value. Andvelocity.x and velocity.y to projections of velocities on axes. To calculate those projections you can use FlxVector class.

• FlxVelocity offers some functions like velocityFromAngle. Here's how to use it:

sprite.velocity.copyFrom(FlxVelocity.velocityFromAngle(-45, 200)); // angle, speed

• You can use:

• FlxAngle.angleBetweenMouse(Object:FlxObject, AsDegrees:Bool = false);
      or

• FlxAngle.angleBetweenPoint(Sprite:FlxSprite, Target:FlxPoint, AsDegrees:Bool = false);
      for setting angle of object.

• Then set velocity from angle. use FlxVelocity.velocityFromAngle();

• Don't forget to set gravity (so the object can fall) object.accerelation.y = 100; // gravity

We are making a MMORPG w/HaxeFlixel => Click Here to go to the Facebook Page

• @eminfedar said in How do I "launch" a FlxSprite from an angle, kind of like angry birds?:

You can use:

• FlxAngle.angleBetweenMouse(Object:FlxObject, AsDegrees:Bool = false);
      or

• FlxAngle.angleBetweenPoint(Sprite:FlxSprite, Target:FlxPoint, AsDegrees:Bool = false);
      for setting angle of object.

• Then set velocity from angle. use FlxVelocity.velocityFromAngle();

• Don't forget to set gravity (so the object can fall) object.accerelation.y = 100; // gravity

Now if I had a canon that was launching said FlxSprite in an upward direction, would the velocity be accounted for? I guess what I'm trying to say is, if I launched the object almost completely upward, would the velocity towards the left or right be minimal?

• @Aideon if the user perfectly make 90 degrees between cannon and mouse, there will be no velocity at left or right. (because cos(90) equals 0 and the main velocity you entered will distribute by sin and cos values of the angle.

• sin90 = 1, cos90=0,
    • so velocity.y = sin90*mainvelocity; => 1*velocity; and velocity.y equals mainvelocity;
    • velocity.x = cos90*mainvelocity; => 0*velocity; and velocity.x equals 0; // so there is no velocity at x`

We are making a MMORPG w/HaxeFlixel => Click Here to go to the Facebook Page