FlxSpine scaling

• Hello,
    How to scale FlxSpine after it was initialiazed? As I understand "scale.set" does not work for it.
    Thanks

• Hey mate,

You can do it by something like this:

var root:Bone = skeleton.findBone("root");
    		root.scaleX = 2;
    		root.scaleY = 2;

You can also tweak any scale of any bones you want, to produce effects like this:

alt text

Code example:

var leftShoulder:Bone = spine.skeleton.findBone("arm_left");
    			var rightShoulder:Bone = spine.skeleton.findBone("arm_right");
    			var torso:Bone = spine.skeleton.findBone("torso");
    			var head:Bone = spine.skeleton.findBone("head");

leftShoulder.scaleX = FlxG.random.float(1.5, 0.5);			
    			leftShoulder.scaleY = FlxG.random.float(1.5, 0.5);

rightShoulder.scaleX = FlxG.random.float(1.5, 0.5);			
    			rightShoulder.scaleY = FlxG.random.float(1.5, 0.5);

torso.scaleX = FlxG.random.float(1.5, 0.5);	
    			torso.scaleY = FlxG.random.float(1.5, 0.5);

head.scaleX = FlxG.random.float(1.5, 0.5);			
    			head.scaleY = FlxG.random.float(1.5, 0.5);	

I've been working hard on implementing a proper skeletal animation for my latest platformer, done in HaxeFlixel. Feel free to ask me anything!

• Claudio, thanks a lot! Works perfect!
    Also for some stupid reason I set key scale value for "root" in Spine animation and nothing worked :D I'm new to Spine and Haxeflixel as well.
    Thanks again!

• hey, no problem!

You mean you change the root bone scale, on Spine, and produces no visible effect in-game? Is weird, because it must work. It did, on my older tests.

Is the bone hierarchy correctly set up?

• Don't worry, it worked well always! When I started animation scale changed to "1.00" again and again, because I set it in Spine for "root" bone in the first frame :D
    I removed all key frames in "root" and everything works! Thanks!

• Just noticed thing that disabling "Inrerit >> Scale" for any bone works in Spine and does not in the game. All child bones are scaling in the game according to their parent :(

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.