Hello World Seg Fault on Linux

• Flixel version: 4.2.0
    • OpenFL version: 4.8.1
    • Lime version: 3.7.4
    • Linux version: Ubuntu 16.04
    • Affected targets:
      Neko, Flash, HTML5

I am having trouble running the "Hello World" example provided in the haxeflixel getting started docs.

Configured flixel-tools with vscode default. Running through the "Hello World" example (http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/hello-world-command-line/) results in a segmentation fault (core dumped) when testing with lime.

Code snippet reproducing the issue:

package;

import flixel.FlxG;
    import flixel.FlxSprite;
    import flixel.FlxState;
    import flixel.text.FlxText;
    import flixel.ui.FlxButton;
    import flixel.math.FlxMath;

class PlayState extends FlxState
    {
    	override public function create():Void
    	{
    		super.create();
    		add(new FlxText(0, 0, 0, "Hello World!"));
    	}

override public function update(elapsed:Float):Void
    	{
    		super.update(elapsed);
    	}
    }

lime test neko
    lime test flash
    lime test html5

Observed behavior:
    segmentation fault (core dumped)
    Expected behavior:
    Window with "Hello World" in the title bar.

• HF currently uses openfl 3.6.1 and lime 2.9.1. You should downgrade those.

• I downgraded openfl & lime to 3.6.1 and 2.9.1, but I am still getting the same error when running lime test neko.

flixel: 4.2.0
    lime: 2.9.1
    openfl: 3.6.1

• @aiokos

Sorry I can't help more, I'm working with windows.

• @aiokos
    from Wikipedia, "A segmentation fault occurs when a program attempts to access a memory location that it is not allowed to access, or attempts to access a memory location in a way that is not allowed (for example, attempting to write to a read-only location, or to overwrite part of the operating system)."

from stack overflow, "A 'segfault' is when a program accesses protected or invalid memory; usually due to poor memory management or buggy pointer manipulation."

try with flixel: 4.0.1. could be a bug in the software

• @galoyo Downgrading to 4.0.1 did not fix the issue. I tried the downgraded version with updated versions of lime and openfl as well. I think I will open a Github issue and see if it is related to a bug with the ubuntu package. I have no problems on windows.

• @dean Thanks for giving it a shot anyways.

• administrators

I suggest you check if it works with a pure OpenFL project. You can create one via haxelib run openfl create.

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.