Can't build to Android or Windows

• I get similar errors whenever I try to build to Android or Windows. I can build to html5, Flash, and Neko just fine. Yes, I Went though the install instructions for these other platforms. Help?

Using lime 2.9.1, openfl 3.6.1, and flixel 4.2.1

Android Error:

Building HelloWorld
    Running Pre-Build Command Line...
    cmd: "C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe/haxelib" run lime build "Project.xml" android -debug -Dfdb
    Creating C:/Users/Alex/HelloWorld/export/android/obj/obj/android-debug-v7/__pch/haxe/hxcpp.h.gch...
    'arm-linux-androideabi-g++' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Error: Could not create PCH
    Build halted with errors.

Windows Error:

Building HelloWorld
    Running Pre-Build Command Line...
    cmd: "C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe/haxelib" run lime build "Project.xml" windows -debug -Dfdb
    export/windows/cpp/haxe/ApplicationMain.hx:80: characters 47-65 : Warning : Use programPath instead
    Creating C:/Users/Alex/HelloWorld/export/windows/cpp/obj/obj/msvc-debug-ncxp/__pch/haxe/hxcpp.pch...
    'cl.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Error: Could not create PCH
    Build halted with errors.

• administrators

'cl.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command

cl.exe is the Visual Studio C++ compiler. You said you went through the install instructions, and thus presumably have Visual Studio installed. However, since Visual Studio 2015, cl.exe is not included by default - it needs to be speifically enabled in the installer. If you didn't, you may need to run the installer again.

See also:

• Awesome, it works now! I re-installed Visual Studio 2015 via a different method with the C++ options this time. Also, I see now I need the arm toolchain to get the android compiler to work--thanks for your quick response, I'm a complete noob at doing much of anything outside of ActionScript3--glad I'm finally making the jump to Haxe.

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.