Helloworld compilation failed

• I have followed the tutorial for helloworld and fail to compile. Below is the result of compiling to html5. Similar results for flash and neko. How do I fix this?

lime test html5
    /usr/lib/haxe/std/haxe/macro/Context.hx:210: characters 9-42 : Invalid input value
    /usr/lib/haxe/lib/openfl/4,8,1/openfl/_internal/utils/ExtraParams.hx:13: characters 7-32 : Called from
    --macro:1: character 0 : Called from
    Aborted

versions
    haxe 3.4.0
    haxelib 3.3.0

haxelib list
    flixel-addons: [2.3.0]
    flixel-demos: [2.3.0]
    flixel-templates: [2.2.2]
    flixel-tools: [1.2.1]
    flixel-ui: [2.2.0]
    flixel: [4.2.1]
    hxcpp: [3.4.49]
    lime-samples: [3.4.0]
    lime: 2.9.1 [3.7.4]
    openfl: 3.6.1 [4.8.1]

• administrators

Flixel is currently not compatible with the latest versions of Lime and OpenFL. Running the following commands should help:

haxelib set openfl 3.6.1
    haxelib set lime 2.9.1

Usually, there's a compiler error that informs you about that, but I guess it went wrong earlier somewhere and shows you that "Invalid input value" error instead...

• I downgraded those packages as recommended. Still having trouble

haxelib set openfl 3.6.1
    haxelib set lime 2.9.1

lime test html5
    /usr/lib/haxe/std/haxe/macro/Context.hx:210: characters 9-42 : Invalid input value
    /usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/4,2,1/flixel/system/macros/FlxDefines.hx:133: characters 6-21 : Called from
    /usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/4,2,1/flixel/system/macros/FlxDefines.hx:117: characters 3-25 : Called from
    /usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/4,2,1/flixel/system/macros/FlxDefines.hx:57: characters 2-16 : Called from
    --macro:1: character 0 : Called from
    Aborted

versions
    flixel-addons: [2.3.0]
    flixel-demos: [2.3.0]
    flixel-templates: [2.2.2]
    flixel-tools: [1.2.1]
    flixel-ui: [2.2.0]
    flixel: [4.2.1]
    hxcpp: [3.4.49]
    lime-samples: [3.4.0]
    lime: [2.9.1] 3.7.4
    openfl-html5: [1.0.5]
    openfl: [3.6.1] 4.8.1

• administrators

Hm... this sounds like an issue with your Haxe installation, you may want to try reinstalling it.

What OS are you on? On Linux in particular, there are sometimes issue with standard library files being leftover when installing a newer Haxe version over an old one, which can cause issues.

• It very well could be an issue with the haxe installation. I have tried reinstalling it to no avail. I am on linux. How would I go about purging those leftover library files?

• Which version of haxe should I be running? I was using the script from openfl to install haxe which gave me the errors. When I installed haxe using the apt repositories I segfault.

• administrators

Haxe 3.2.1 and Haxe 3.4.0 should both work fine, but I'd recommend 3.4.0 personally (also necessary for the VSCode plugin, if you want to use that).

To purge leftover files, you can try this:

sudo rm -rf /usr/bin/haxe /usr/bin/haxelib /usr/lib/haxe

• I've purged all packages and installations of anything related to haxe and reinstalled 3.4.0 with the package versions you recommended. Still getting seg faults.

lime test html5
    chmod: changing permissions of '/usr/lib/haxe/lib/lime/2,9,1/templates/bin/webify-linux64': Operation not permitted
    chmod: changing permissions of '/usr/lib/haxe/lib/lime/2,9,1/templates/bin/webify-linux64': Operation not permitted
    Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I'm running ubuntu 16.04 64 bit. Not sure what to do from here..

• administrators

• No dice. :(

• Alright. So I reinstalled everything and got the openfl example to work. The flixel example still segfaults. I made a vm with ubuntu 14.04 and was able to install and run the flixel example which means my machine is still goofed up. I would like to get this working on my machine without reinstalling but I'm glad I got the vm sanity check working. Any suggestions on how to either fix my install or debug the segfault?

• administrators

Is every target affected by that bin/webify-linux64': Operation not permitted issue? webify sounds like something for HTML5 specifically.

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.