Need help on Step 2 in the Game tutorial on HaxeFlixel.com

• Originally this was my problem -- > when I was clicking the blue arrow to Test Project I got an error saying 'This project doesn't have a valid SDK defined. Please check SDK tab in the Project Properties.".

I fixed it by Installing the Flex SDK from Install Software. However once that got solved I still kept getting a Build failed when I tried to Debug in Flash.

Then I closed and reopened Flash Develop and now I am getting the following error right from the beginning:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at AS3Context.PluginMain.ValidateSettings()
    at AS3Context.PluginMain.HandleEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e, HandlingPriority priority)
    at PluginCore.Managers.EventManager.DispatchEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e)

Also I'm getting an error in the output box at the bottom saying:

haxelib.exe not found in SDK path

And now when I try to Test Project I get this error as well :

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

at HaXeContext.PluginMain.HandleEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e, HandlingPriority priority)
    at PluginCore.Managers.EventManager.DispatchEvent(Object sender, NotifyEvent e)

Do you guys have any ideas? I am running Flash Develop on an iMac 2013 thru Crossover.

• administrators

FlashDevelop on a Mac might not be the best experience. Have you tried VSCode?

• Thanks for the input. I've now switched to try using VScode to do the tutorial, and it seems a lot smoother, but now I'm having problems setting up the gulpfile.

I've finished this much of it:

var gulp = require('gulp');
    var browswerSync = require('browser-sync').create();

gulp.task('default', ['debug']);

gulp.task('build', function() {
    return gulp
    .src('./*/.cs')
    .pipe(msc(['-fullpaths', '-debug', '-target:exe', '-out:' + program]));
    });

gulp.task('debug', ['build'], function(done){
    return mono.debug({ port: port, program: program}, done);
    });

gulp.task('sync', function() {
    browserSync.init({
    proxy: "my_project.dev",
    files: ".css,.php,css/*css"
    });

});

I just copy and pasted it from the docs on the vscode website and now I'm getting this error:

[19:37:04] Using gulpfile ~/HaxeFlixel/FlixelTut/gulpfile.js
    [19:37:04] Starting 'build'...
    [19:37:04] 'build' errored after 6.44 ms
    [19:37:04] ReferenceError: msc is not defined
    at Gulp.<anonymous> (/Users/NAME/HaxeFlixel/FlixelTut/gulpfile.js:9:15)
    at module.exports (/Users/NAME/HaxeFlixel/FlixelTut/node_modules/orchestrator/lib/runTask.js:34:7)
    at Gulp.Orchestrator._runTask (/Users/NAMEHaxeFlixel/FlixelTut/node_modules/orchestrator/index.js:273:3)
    at Gulp.Orchestrator._runStep (/Users/NAME/HaxeFlixel/FlixelTut/node_modules/orchestrator/index.js:214:10)
    at Gulp.Orchestrator.start (/Users/NAME/HaxeFlixel/FlixelTut/node_modules/orchestrator/index.js:134:8)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/gulp-cli/lib/versioned/^3.7.0/index.js:46:20
    at _combinedTickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:73:7)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:104:9)
    at Module.runMain (module.js:607:11)
    at run (bootstrap_node.js:425:7)

Do you know what I should do? I'm just trying to set everything up in order to do the dungeon crawler game tutorial on this site. Thank you for you help.

• administrators

but now I'm having problems setting up the gulpfile.

I'm not sure what you mean. Where does the tutorial mention anything about a "gulpfile"?