iOS Build Issue (iOS 10 & Xcode 8)

• Hi,

I'm trying to get an iOS debug build working but keep on getting the following error :-

Check dependencies
    Signing for "TestApp" requires a development team. Select a development team in the project editor.
    Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 10.3'

I'm using :-

Xcode 8.3
    OSX 10.12.4
    iOS 10.3.1 iPhone 6

Haxe 3.4.2
    Lime 2.9.1
    OpenFL 3.6.1
    HaxeFlixel 4.2.1

I had to put <haxedef name="source-header" value="" /> to overcome another known issue and have also tried adding <config:ios deployment="8.0" /> to help but that didn't help. Is anybody able to build with Xcode 8 to iOS? I did note the Lime 3.2 release notes (https://github.com/openfl/lime/blob/develop/CHANGELOG.md#320-09192016) added Xcode 8 support, I'm guessing the require 2.9.1 version required for Haxelib doesn't work with it?

As far as I can see my dev cert / profile etc is all ok and installed.

Am going to try downgrading to Xcode 7 and extracting the needed developer image from my Xcode 8 package to allow deployment, just wanted to know if I'm going down the right path .....

Cheers All

• Hi there,

I got some issues the last days with the latest xcode as well. How does your compilation line look like? Are you building using a certificate? I do not own a certificate and I also could not execute the simulator so I only compiled the project and then made the last steps in xcode.

• lime build ios -simulator -Dsource-header=haxe

There are more hints in xcode and warnings than what we usually just see in the lime command line.

• Hi,

Yes I'm using a cert. I've been having a little play and rolling back to Xcode 7 and using the 10.3.1 XCode Dev Image I was able to deploy.

I'm also able to deploy using Xcode 8 if I open up the project file and manually select a dev team as well as using the <config:ios deployment="8.0" /> (the Lime 2.9.1 minimum is not supported anymore) and <haxedef name="source-header" value="" /> tags in the Project.xml file so its not the end of the world.

I've found the Lime commit on GitHub that I think enables selecting the dev team so I'm just trying out a few things to see if we can have a temp fix while the HaxeFlixel guys add in support for later versions of Lime / OpenFL. Have a look...

https://github.com/openfl/lime/commit/29fda1c54547a3a1f34ab8287a5fbbd72f347b3d

Pete

• Ok, had a little more of a play and merged in some of the changes into the iPhone template of Lime to try hardcoding the dev team settings and so on but am getting an unknown error further on in the deployment. Obviously the real fix is support for newer versions of Lime for HaxeFlixel where Xcode 8 support is implemented. Looks like this is coming on.....

https://github.com/HaxeFlixel/flixel/pull/2032

For the moment manually changing the dev team in Xcode and deploying from there isn't a huge deal breaker, most testing will happen on a desktop back in the real world.

If anybody comes up with a better way to handle things please let me know.

Pete