Untoggle a Flixel-UI toggle-button?

• I'm using Flixel UI and creating buttons in a state with an xml. My problem is that I can't figure out how to untoggle a toggle button, so it behaves like the image below:

how to achieve this

Figure nº4 is giving me trouble because i don't know how to call a toggle button with code and check its status (for instance pressed == true), so i can untoggle all of the buttons that control speed. I've tried _ui.getAsset("play");, but it just returns null.

Is there a solution to this, or its better to just use regular flixel buttons (not flixel-ui and not xml)?

• I couldnt do it with xml so i had to switch to drawing the UI by code and make normal buttons, wich is kinda sad. Here's my solution:

//create a normal button, not a toggle button.
    pausebutton = new FlxUIButton(x, y);
    pausebutton.loadGraphicsMultiple(up.png, over.png, down.png]);
    pausebutton.params = ["parameter"];
    add(pausebutton);

Then, when the button is pressed, switch the graphics for up and down:

//switch the graphics for the button pressed
    pausebutton.statusAnimations = ["pressed", "highlight", "normal"];

//untoggle the other buttons, in this case playbutton, and update it
    playbutton.statusAnimations = ["normal", "highlight", "pressed"];
    playbutton.updateStatusAnimation();

That solves the issue.

• administrators

I couldnt do it with xml so i had to switch to drawing the UI by code and make normal buttons, wich is kinda sad.

I think you can access elements created via XML in your code using FlxUI.getAsset(key), which means you could continue using XML. :)

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.