HaxeFlixel and MS Build Tools

• So I just had a quick question. I am using VS Code right now as my editor and was building native apps in C++. I didn't need the regular Community Edition editor so I just installed the build tools (http://landinghub.visualstudio.com/visual-cpp-build-tools) and have been compiling C++ apps fine.

So my question is when I try to run a "lime test windows" command I get an error that it couldn't find the environment variables for Visual Studio, Missing HXCPP_VARS, Could not automatically setup MSVC.

Is there a way to configure Haxeflixel to work with the build tools sku? Or do I absolutely have to install the VS Community Edition? I would love a link or something if there is a tutorial or website with information that can help me.

Thanks!!

• Did you install the VS2015 or VS2017 build tools? I'm going to guess 2017 - it seems that Microsoft has made some changes with VS2017 and no longer sets an environment variable pointing to the c++ compiler.

Perhaps try installing the VS2015 build tools. I have had no issues targeting Windows with VS2015 installed, but my machine with VS2017 can't build for Windows.

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.