Help with HaxeFlixel Setup

• Hello all. Today I started to set up HaxeFixel. I installed Haxe to C:\HaxeToolkit and proceeded to install everything else as stated here.

When I opened the command prompt, and typed in the first command, it said that haxe was not a command, so I navigated to the folder containing haxelib (C:\HaxeToolKit\haxe\haxlib) and ran the command from there. It then told me that neko.dll was missing, so I copied the contents of the neko file (in C:\HaxeToolkit\neko) to the haxe folder, which worked.

However, when I came to the command "haxelib run lime setup", it told me:
    "'neko' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file."

I haven't been able to get past this. Is there anything that I missed or messed up along the way? I would greatly appreciate help, as I am eager to learn more about game development with HaxeFlixel.

Thanks in advance!

• administrators

It then told me that neko.dll was missing, so I copied the contents of the neko file (in C:\HaxeToolkit\neko) to the haxe folder, which worked.

That's not really a proper solution.. You need to make sure that both the haxe and neko commands are in your system PATH (to be precise, C:\HaxeToolkit\neko and C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe). The Haxe installer normally does that, but maybe something went wrong in your case.

http://www.itprotoday.com/management-mobility/how-can-i-add-new-folder-my-system-path

• The filepaths C:\HaxeToolKit\haxe and C:\HaxeToolKit\neko both exist. I unistalled, then reinstalled haxe, then added all the filepaths to user-variables instead of system variables (as I do not have required permissions to change system variables). This worked and I was able to do haxelib run lime setup. Does this mean that lime is installed and I don't have to run lime setup windows?

EDIT: So I realized that I had added the filepath C:\Users\user\HaxeToolkit\haxe allowed me to use the haxelib command. If I follow the same format for flixel, lime, and openfl, my question now becomes, where are the commands installed to (starting from the library folder)?

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.