Compilation errors on Linux "fatal error: xlocale.h"

• I am trying to compile my game on a new installation of linux. However, I am getting some errors that I am not getting on my other Linux computer.

/home/zachary/haxelib/hxcpp/3,4,64/src/hx/CFFI.cpp:151:16: warning: dynamic exception specifications are deprecated in C++11 [-Wdeprecated]
    #define THROWS throw(Dynamic)
    ^
    /home/zachary/haxelib/hxcpp/3,4,64/src/hx/CFFI.cpp:811:51: note: in expansion of macro ‘THROWS’
    void val_gc_ptr(void * arg1,hxPtrFinalizer arg2) THROWS

Error: /home/zachary/haxelib/hxcpp/3,4,64/src/hx/libs/std/Sys.cpp:34:19: fatal error: xlocale.h: No such file or directory
    #include <xlocale.h>

I already set hxcpp to 3.4.64. I am not sure what else could be the issue.

• I was finally able to look at the libraries I have installed on each computer and aside from flixel-templates, everything was the same. So I am at a complete loss here.

Here is what I have installed:

flixel-addons: [2.5.0]
    flixel-demos: [2.4.3]
    flixel-templates: [2.4.4] 2.4.6
    flixel-tools: [1.4.1]
    flixel-ui: [2.2.0]
    flixel: [4.3.0]
    hxcpp: [3.4.64] 3.4.185 3.4.188
    lime-samples: [4.0.1]
    lime: [2.9.1]
    openfl: [3.6.1]

• administrators

Seems this may depend on your glibc version:

https://github.com/HaxeFoundation/hxcpp/pull/629

You may need a more recent version of hxcpp. However, there might be issues with more recent versions, see http://community.openfl.org/t/new-hxcpp-3-4-185-throwing-missing-files-error/9520.

• Yeah, I can't compile with the recent versions of hxcpp either. Which is still odd. Both of my Linux computers run Ubuntu 17.10 but it is only my new one that can't compile games.

• I figured out why my computer s were acting differently even though both have identical software specs. I had previously compiled my project on that machine prior to upgrading it to 17.10. So it wasn't rebuilding those hxcpp libraries when I was test compiling. I created a new project and compiled it and ran into the same problem.

Since I started right from 17.10 on my new macchine, It has to recompile those libraries and is stuck there. Which means that until I can use the new hxcpp version, I am at a complete standstill in development. This sucks.

• Ok. Commenting out the include in haxelib/hxcpp/3,4,64/src/hx/libs/std/Sys.cpp has fixed the issue. I am assuming this is safe to do as the next time I am required to update hxcpp this issue would be fixed.

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.