Android performance with Haxeflixel 4.4.0

• Hi @Netforza,

I tested on a wide range of devices, from android 4 to 8 and low to mid-high hardware specs.

I got the same results, specially very low framerate when compared to builds with the older tools. I got no actual crash or frozen status.

Trying to find problematic elements by disabling things and features isolatedly yielded no results.

I have returned to the flixel 4.3 environment, but it seems Google Play will not accept android-19 builds from August. Nice situation!

I'll keep investigating (after the game is published!)

• I'm not sure if this is a possible reason, but I noticed with cpp builds when running full screen I get lag, too. This is with latest libs.

Just a hunch here, but maybe it's something to do with the full screen implementation??

For simple games with simple collision, I was able to set fps to 30 for reasonable game play. For my bigger game with lots of collision action, it's not able to handle the collisions without missing sometimes.

I hope someone can figure this out. I wish I knew more so I could.

• I noticed the same lag today with a windows build.

Strangely, HTML5 build works better.

alt text

• administrators

@agustín-pérez-fernández Could you try to disable vsync in your Project.xml?

• @Gama11 @Agustín-Pérez-Fernández

For windows build I only notice lag when full screen. For full screen vsync="false" does help, but I notice artifacts in my game. I think my laptop with onboard video is part of the problem. I also notice that moving the game to my other monitor, connected via HDMI, it's worse. Another thing I tried that helped was to set FlxG.drawFrameRate = 40 but the movement is a bit choppy.

Still, Android is terribly laggy even if I set drawFrameRate to 30, unless it's a very basic game.

• I’m getting a similar drop in FPS on iOS after upgrading.

I’ll try profiling in Xcode and see if that turns up anything obvious.

• I'm also getting slowdowns when building with 4.4.0 for iOS targets.
    In my case it's not as bad as it's on Android: slowdowns happen randomly and last for a couple of seconds.
    It happens on real HW and the simulator.

• I'm having the same performance issue with the latest versions: haxelib list
    firetongue: [git]
    flixel-addons: [2.7.1]
    flixel-tools: [1.4.2]
    flixel-ui: [2.3.1]
    flixel: [4.5.1]
    hscript: [2.3.0]
    hxcpp: [4.0.4]
    lime: [7.1.1]
    openfl: [8.6.4]
    systools: [1.1.0]

Everything is ok if I downgrade...

I also checked that http://haxeflixel.com/demos/ProjectJumper/ has the same performance issue.

0_1542082687518_jumper.png

• I have same problem since haxeflixel 4.4.0... on windows build my game fps is 55-60. But on android it drops 30-35.
    Everything is ok when i downgrade to
    flixel 4.3.0
    openfl 3.6.1
    lime 2.9.1

Does anybody know, what is solution?

• @netforza Have you any solution about this case?

• Same issue with the latest versions: haxelib list

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.