animation.frameName not working

• Hi there,

I'm a long time user of Flixel, but new to HaxeFlixel and currently working on porting some code to Haxe. I'm trying to import my animations from a libgdx texturepacker export using methods shown here: https://github.com/HaxeFlixel/flixel-demos/blob/master/Editors/TexturePackerAtlas/source/MenuState.hx

The issue I'm running into is that animation.frameName doesn't seem to be updating when I set it. The following will output casper-down, which is the name of the first region in my atlas.

Player.hx (extends FlxSprite)

texture = FlxAtlasFrames.fromLibGdx(Constants.packDir + "Sprites.png", Constants.packDir + "Sprites.atlas");
        frames = texture;

animation.frameName = "Casper-standing2";
        trace(animation.frameName);

It's worth noting that I am seeing sprites from my packed image, they are just not from the correct region. Can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Thanks!

• Ok, for anyone running into a similar issue in the future:

TL;DR: Use animation.addByPrefix, and make sure your animation frames are separate regions within the packed png (walk-01, walk-02, etc).

I gave up on trying to use animation.frameName for this, no matter what I do I cannot get the correct region to load in. The only method that I could get to work with fromLibGdx was animation.addByPrefix.

In my existing game each region within the packed image is a spritesheet, rather than an individual fram and the game adjusts the frameHeight / frameWidth of the sprite for the animation, unfortunately this method doesn't work now since addByPrefix adds an entire region as a frame so I am exporting all of my animations as individual frames to be packed by texturepacker.

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.