Something strange is happening compiling HelloWorld tutorial
Hi. I hope someone can help me. I've been struggling with something weird trying to compile the HelloWorld tutorial.
First of all, I create the project:
VSCode opens the project and this error appears:
And when I click "Show Error" this is what appears:
I tried restarting the language server.
But the error still occurs. Despite this, the completion still works.
So I try to build, using Ctrl + Shift + B.
And oh my god, this wasn't even what was happening the first three times I tried this, but now this is what pops out:
But okay, after that I tried restarting the language server and it seems it helped, but, my initial problem was this:
Usually the first time I try to debug with Neko works fine, the Hello World appears. But if I change the target for any other one (like Flash or Windows), and then go back to Neko that's what happens, and the VSCode says that it's still building:
Even though the black window's there and the application cursor doesn't even appear.
But if I go out and try to test it from the cmd it does work!
So, I don't know, what's going on? How can I fix the build?
I tried making a new project, again, and built it succesfully:
But, let's try changing the target build to Html5:
The cache error appears again.
When I compile the Html5, the app deploys normally into the web browser.
BUT! If I go back and change the target to Neko, the black window is what I get now. Even If I restart VSCODE. It's like the project it's trapped like that now. Even If I restart the language server. In "output" I get this:
ApplicationMain not founderror happens when you haven't built for the selected target yet (see https://github.com/openfl/lime-vscode-extension/issues/44). As the warning says, it doesn't meant that completion won't work, just that it will be slower than it could be.
I think the black screen when building through VSCode and the "invalid field access" error were since fixed in Lime by this commit. However, it hasn't made it into a release yet. So to avoid that, you could either downgrade to the previous Lime / OpenFL versions or update to a dev version of Lime. Adding this to your
settings.jsonshould work as a workaround as well:
Hi Gama11.~ Thank you for answering. Modifying the settings.json makes it work.
As it could be annoying to modify the file for every project, I tried downgrading Lime and OpenFl.
And it seems it's working! I picked the 8.3.0 version for OpenFl and the 6.4.0 for Lime as those were the most downloaded versions for each one:
Thank you so much.