"lime build android" results in "fatal error: 'typeinfo' file not found"

• After following the Getting Started guide, creating a simple project via the command flixel tpl -n "HelloWorld",.and then setting up Android via the lime setup android command, as per the Android guide, I still could not build for Android via the command lime build android, because I would get the following error message:

$ lime build android
    Creating /Library/WebServer/Documents/stomp/game/HelloWorld/export/android/obj/obj/android-v7/__pch/haxe/hxcpp.h.gch...
    clang++: warning: treating 'c-header' input as 'c++-header' when in C++ mode, this behavior is deprecated [-Wdeprecated]
    clang++: warning: optimization flag '-finline-limit=10000' is not supported [-Wignored-optimization-argument]
    clang++: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-Wa,--noexecstack' [-Wunused-command-line-argument]
    warning: unknown warning option '-Wno-psabi' [-Wunknown-warning-option]
    /usr/local/lib/haxe/lib/hxcpp/4,0,4/include/hxcpp.h:19:13: fatal error: 'typeinfo' file not found
    #include <typeinfo>
    ^~~~~~~~~~
    1 warning and 1 error generated.
    Error: Could not create PCH

When I asked about this in the Haxe Discord channel, @dean said:

which android ndk are you using? AFAIK r15c is the most recent version to work with openfl right now.
    you need to downgrade the NDK to r15c
    you can get the older versions here https://developer.android.com/ndk/downloads/older_releases

I downloaded the ~1 year out-dated NDK as per @dean's suggestion, and re-ran lime setup android to re-point to this older NDK.

Then I tried building again...

$ lime build android
    Creating /Library/WebServer/Documents/stomp/game/HelloWorld/export/android/obj/obj/android-v7/__pch/haxe/hxcpp.h.gch...

Compiling group: haxe
    arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -Iinclude --sysroot=/Users/Joncom/Library/Android/sdk/ndk-bundle-r15c/platforms/android-14/arch-arm -I/Users/Joncom/Library/Android/sdk/ndk-bundle-r15c/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.9/include -I/Users/Joncom/Library/Android/sdk/ndk-bundle-r15c/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.9/libs/armeabi/include -DHXCPP_ARMV7 -DHXCPP_VISIT_ALLOCS(haxe) -DHXCPP_API_LEVEL=331(haxe) -I/usr/local/lib/haxe/lib/hxcpp/4,0,4/include -Iinclude -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -ffunction-sections -funwind-tables -fstack-protector -fno-short-enums -Wno-overflow -D_LINUX_STDDEF_H  -Wno-psabi -DHXCPP_CPP11 -DHXCPP_ARMV7 -march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -fomit-frame-pointer -fexceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -finline-limit=10000 -DANDROID=ANDROID -DHX_ANDROID -DHXCPP_ANDROID_PLATFORM=14 -Wa,--noexecstack -O2 -DNDEBUG -c ... tags=[haxe,static]
     - src/sys/io/_Process/Stdout.cpp
     - src/sys/io/Process.cpp
     - src/sys/io/_Process/Stdin.cpp
     - src/sys/io/FileOutput.cpp
     - src/sys/io/File.cpp
     - src/sys/FileSystem.cpp
     - src/haxe/lang/Iterable.cpp
     - src/haxe/lang/Iterator.cpp
    ... blah blah blah

Success, it worked. Just wanted to say thanks @dean, and also document this here just in case anybody else runs into the same issue (including my future self).

• Just wanted to continue documenting what I encountered during my attempts to get Android compiling OK:

So, although the C++ issue above was resolved, I quickly encountered a new issue/error:

ERROR: JAVA_HOME is set to an invalid directory: /Users/Joncom/SDKs//java_jdk
    Please set the JAVA_HOME variable in your environment to match the
    location of your Java installation.

The strange thing about this issue was that I could echo $JAVA_HOME and it looked correct already, and yet the build process thought JAVA_HOME pointed somewhere completely different.

$ echo $JAVA_HOME
    /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_101.jdk/Contents/Home

The fix was to comment out this line in ~/.lime/config.xml:

<set name="JAVA_HOME" value="/Users/Joncom/SDKs//java_jdk" />

like so:

<-- <set name="JAVA_HOME" value="/Users/Joncom/SDKs//java_jdk" /> -->

and comment out this line in ~/.hxcpp_config.xml:

<set name="JAVA_HOME" value="${SDK_ROOT}/java_jdk" unless="JAVA_HOME" />

like so:

<!-- <set name="JAVA_HOME" value="${SDK_ROOT}/java_jdk" unless="JAVA_HOME" /> -->

OK, getting closer. Now when I try to build, I get the following:

$ lime build android

Compiling group: haxe
    arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -Iinclude --sysroot=/Users/Joncom/Library/Android/sdk/ndk-bundle-r15c/platforms/android-14/arch-arm -I/Users/Joncom/Library/Android/sdk/ndk-bundle-r15c/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.9/include -I/Users/Joncom/Library/Android/sdk/ndk-bundle-r15c/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.9/libs/armeabi/include -DHXCPP_ARMV7 -DHXCPP_VISIT_ALLOCS(haxe) -DHXCPP_API_LEVEL=331(haxe) -I/usr/local/lib/haxe/lib/hxcpp/4,0,4/include -Iinclude -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -ffunction-sections -funwind-tables -fstack-protector -fno-short-enums -Wno-overflow -D_LINUX_STDDEF_H  -Wno-psabi -DHXCPP_CPP11 -DHXCPP_ARMV7 -march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -fomit-frame-pointer -fexceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -finline-limit=10000 -DANDROID=ANDROID -DHX_ANDROID -DHXCPP_ANDROID_PLATFORM=14 -Wa,--noexecstack -O2 -DNDEBUG -c ... tags=[haxe,static]
     - src/lime/utils/AssetCache.cpp  [haxe,release]
    Link: libApplicationMain-v7.so
    Downloading http://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-2.10-bin.zip
    ..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
    Unzipping /Users/Joncom/.gradle/wrapper/dists/gradle-2.10-bin/2v0chm5oshw52qn5d7jjz7lo0/gradle-2.10-bin.zip to /Users/Joncom/.gradle/wrapper/dists/gradle-2.10-bin/2v0chm5oshw52qn5d7jjz7lo0
    Set executable permissions for: /Users/Joncom/.gradle/wrapper/dists/gradle-2.10-bin/2v0chm5oshw52qn5d7jjz7lo0/gradle-2.10/bin/gradle

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
    A problem occurred configuring project ':app'.
    > failed to find target with hash string 'android-26' in: /Users/Joncom/Library/Android/sdk

* Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

Total time: 1 mins 27.682 secs

There's actually two problems here. The first thing I noticed was that it was telling me to Set executable permissions for the gradle binary it just downloaded/unzipped. I figured I might just need to re-run the command with sudo.

sudo lime build android

Yep. That did it! :)

However, the build still failed, still complaining about:

failed to find target with hash string 'android-26'

Opening "Android Studio", and navigating to Tools > SDK Manager, and installing SDK 26 resolved this issue, and finally build was successful.

Thanks to @dean, @Gama11, and @NotBilly (in HaxeFlixel Discord channel) for helping me through this.

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.