Way to store generated image (FlxSprite) in static variable for later use?

• I'm trying to store a FlxSprite object representing an achievement icon in a list of achievements stored as a static class variable. However, whenever I try to access the FlxSprite later from a different class, my code stops executing from that point and I get an error when running it in the Flash Player debugger. The error is: "ArgumentError: Error #2015: Invalid BitmapData."

The code is here: https://github.com/CoreyBowes/CaveOfAdventure.git My problem is in AchievementsState.hx, line 67:
    testIcon.loadGraphicFromSprite(FancyDraw.getHeartIcon(40, 40));

What I'd like to know is, is there a way to store a FlxSprite in a static variable array so that it can be accessed later? If not, is there some other way to store an image?

• administrators

There's two things you need to watch out for:

• On state switches, destroy() is automatically called on display list members. So if those sprites have been add()ed, you'd need to remove() them before a switch to avoid that.
    • Additionally, state switches dispose all FlxGraphic instances. This can be controlled via the persist property (sprite.graphic.persist = true).

• That's good to know, thanks. But I checked those, and I'm still having the same problem. I never add()ed that sprite before, so that's not it. For the persist property I added the following line after line 31 in Achievements.hx:

currentAchievement._icon.graphic.persist = true;

But that didn't seem to fix it. I'm still getting the same error.

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.