Windows 10 ERROR: There is no asset library with an ID of "default"

• I created a default template using flixel tpl, and then tried to compile it with openfl test windows. Compilation succeeded, but I got the following error as a popup when the application started:

[lime.utils.Preloader] ERROR: There is no asset library with an ID of "default"

Rebuilding with openfl test windows -debug gives additional information:

Called from hxcpp::__hxcpp_main
    Called from ApplicationMain::main ApplicationMain.hx line 25
    Called from ApplicationMain::create ApplicationMain.hx line 130
    Called from lime.app.Application::exec lime/app/Application.hx line 150
    Called from lime._internal.backend.native.NativeApplication::exec lime/_internal/backend/native/NativeApplication.hx line 146
    Called from lime._internal.backend.native.NativeApplication::handleApplicationEvent lime/_internal/backend/native/NativeApplication.hx line 175
    Called from lime.app._Event_Int_Void::dispatch lime/_internal/macros/EventMacro.hx line 91
    Called from lime.system.ThreadPool::__update lime/system/ThreadPool.hx line 203
    Called from lime.app._Event_Dynamic_Void::dispatch lime/_internal/macros/EventMacro.hx line 91
    Called from lime._internal.backend.native.NativeHTTPRequest::localThreadPool_onError lime/_internal/backend/native/NativeHTTPRequest.hx line 469
    Called from lime.app.Promise_haxe_io_Bytes::error lime/app/Promise.hx line 149
    Called from lime.app.Promise::error lime/app/Promise.hx line 149
    Called from lime.app.Promise::error lime/app/Promise.hx line 149
    Called from lime.utils.Assets::loadLibrary lime/utils/Assets.hx line 446
    Called from lime.app.Promise_lime_utils_AssetLibrary::error lime/app/Promise.hx line 149
    Called from lime.utils.Preloader::updateProgress lime/utils/Preloader.hx line 290
    Called from lime.utils.Log::error lime/utils/Log.hx line 34

This is just the default, unmodified template. Using an OpenFL template (openfl create CreatingAMainLoop) works fine, so it just seems to be a flixel problem.

Haxe version: 3.4.7
    Haxelib version: 3.3.0
    Haxelib list:

actuate: [1.8.9]
    box2d: [1.2.3]
    firetongue: [2.0.0]
    flixel-addons: [2.7.5]
    flixel-demos: [2.7.1]
    flixel-templates: [2.6.2]
    flixel-tools: [1.4.4]
    flixel-ui: [2.3.2]
    flixel: 4.6.1 [4.6.2]
    format: [3.4.2]
    hxcpp: 4.0.8 [4.0.19]
    hxp: [1.1.2]
    hxtelemetry: [0.3.5]
    layout: [1.2.1]
    lime-samples: [7.0.0]
    lime: 7.3.0 [7.5.0]
    openfl-samples: [8.7.0]
    openfl-tools: [1.0.10]
    openfl: 8.9.0 [8.9.1]

The same project works fine on Ubuntu, although I suspect this is more of an issue with my environment or something since this is all a fresh installation of Haxe/Flixel and a default flixel template (although the issue exists on all flixel projects on this machine). The issue just started happening recently, as I've been able to build flixel projects exactly the same way before.

The Neko and HTML5 targets work fine.

• @alexramallo I think the latest hxcpp is not compatible with haxe 3.4.7. Either downgrade hxcpp to 4.0.8 or upgrade haxe to 4.0.0-rc.3 https://haxe.org/download/version/4.0.0-rc.3/

there's an open issue here https://github.com/openfl/lime/issues/1331

• @dean That fixed it! Downgrading to 4.0.8 just gave me linker errors, but installing rc3 worked. Thanks for the link too, it's good to see it's being worked on, especially since haxe 3.4.7 and hxcpp 4.0.19 are currently what you get from a clean install by default. Hopefully we get a full 4.0 release soon :)

• @dean Thanks for the link!

Looks like your connection to HaxeFlixel was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.