How to install SpineHaxe

• Hey there,

I'm trying to get a test project working using Spine. However I've ran into an issue.

Currently the Flixel Addons include a spinehx, but the Spine example references spinehaxe. So when I try to run the demo I get an error "Error: Could not find haxelib "spinehaxe", does it need to be installed?"

I tried updating Filxel Tools which didn't help. I found this "haxelib install spinehx 0.2.0" which also refernces the old file. So I tried things like "haxelib install spinehaxe" but this gives a no such project error.

I tried downloading the spineHaxe project of github and placing it in my flixel addons folder, but I still get the error that spinehaxe needs to be installed.

Anyone know how to fix this?

Cheers

• It's haxelib install spinehx

• No, because this installs spineHx. I Need spineHaxe, or at least, that's what the current version of the spine demo shows

haxelib install spinehx returns a message that spinehx is already installed. But the spine demo is looking for spinehaxe

here's the change in the demo
    https://github.com/HaxeFlixel/flixel-demos/commit/d8dcae329679b2c5761b233b50246499fdc4b83e

• Can you compile the spine demo with your current setup? If so could you send me your haxelib list

• Seems like you need to install spinehaxe from this GitHub project instead

• Yes I thought so.

I guess my question really is, how do I install that github project. I tried googling for help, but no luck.

Also, since the Spine example is part of the official demos. Shouldn't this just work out of the box?

• How to install the haxelib manually:

• Create a folder named spinehaxe in your haxelib folder
    • Create another folder with the name of the version in spinehaxe folder. In this case 0,2,0. Note the separating commas.
    • Extract the content of the Zip file (the content inside spinehaxe-master folder inside the Zip file)
    • Create a file named .current (in spinehaxe folder, outside of 0,2,0 folder) containing the version name with separating dots 0.2.0
    • Put on sunglass :sunglasses:

• Thanks a lot buddy, works like a charm :)

• administrators

That's not really how you're supposed to do it. You could just have run haxelib git spinehaxe https://github.com/bendmorris/spinehaxe.

• Good to know. I've told my way to many people, I guess and no one shows me that way :P

• Good to know the official way of doing it. Got it working without any problems using git cmd.

Thanks!

• This post is deleted!