So I already have a devlog on the TIGSource forums, but it wouldn't hurt to do one here as well. So I've been working on this game, Clothsoul, for about 3 weeks now. So far it does these things:
- Randomly generates levels
- Keeps track of certain stats, such as the elapsed time for your current run and such.
- RPG-like stats (HP/DAM/SPD/Etc.)
- Player movement and some combat mechanics.
- The Peasant enemy. (Throws stones at you, can be shot and killed, etc.)
- Title/Pause screen with an option, stats, and credits menu.
- Gamepad support
I plan on adding a HUD next, and after that buddies. (Companions/Familiars) Eventually I'll get around to making it so level exits actually do something, because right now they only allow you to venture offscreen. Anyways, here's some screenshots rather than text.
The title menu picks from a random array of characters to show. Currently there's only the main character and the Peasant enemy.
The pause menu also picks from a random array of images to show under the level/time.
Here's the player standing next to a level exit.
And here's some peasants.
Anyways that's it. Yep.