Posts made by sruloart
RE: Problem with targeting Windows (Missing HXCPP_VARS)
- Don't just download the library, follow the instructions here: http://haxeflixel.com/documentation/getting-started/.
- If you did, make sure you also followed that: http://www.openfl.org/learn/resources/advanced-setup/windows/.
- Just make sure to restart your machine once the hxcpp vars are added to your environment-variables.
RE: Cross Platform questions (iOS/3ds/wiiu/xboxone)
- You do need to build your project on a mac (or at least on a machine that runs OSX/macOS).
- Everyone can have a Nintendo developer account nowadays :) devKits are expensive.
- http://forum.haxeflixel.com/topic/161/from-haxeflixel-to-consoles seems like the most mature way to publish on 3DS and PS4. The official way hasn't been made public yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lL2N2siHlE. @larsiusprime should have more details, details that he probably can't disclose at the moment ;)
- The official HaxeFlixel Native backend-chain (Hxcpp+Lime+OpenFL) has a good history of supporting new Native targets.
- You can use Unreal4 with Haxe: https://github.com/proletariatgames/unreal.hx. If you want to make a 3D game, you can't use HaxeFlixel. There are some Haxe-based 3D-engine alternatives but it's not a straight-forward process like Unreal4/Unity. If you want to develop a cross-platform 2D game however, HaxeFlixel is really one of the best options available.